Spectrum TV allows access to around 250 live TV channels and 30,000 Demand shows and movies. Spectrum TV App is a pocket-friendly subscription that can be downloaded on various streaming devices. The Spectrum TV App is easily compatible with any Roku device.
Once downloaded on a Roku device, it quickly gets installed and ready for use. To access Spectrum TV App on Roku, it is essential to have a subscription to Spectrum TV. Once the Spectrum TV App is downloaded and installed, users need to log in with their credentials to the App and start enjoying the live content.
This article will provide a step-by-step guide on adding and using Spectrum TV App on your Roku streaming devices.
Basic requirements to add Spectrum to Roku
You need basic requirements to add the Spectrum app on a Roku device.
Firstly, it requires you to sign up for a Spectrum account, which implies that you should have a Spectrum membership. You can use your mobile device’s or computer’s browser to access Spectrum’s webpage. Then, make a user ID by registering for an account.
Next, you’ll need a device to install and use the app. To run your Spectrum app on a Roku device, you can use a device such as a Roku TV or streaming device. While the Spectrum app is compatible with any Roku streaming player, the optimum performance is seen on Roku 3 or later.
Lastly, your Roku player must be online and connected to the web to function. After you’ve gathered these elements, you may install the Spectrum TV app on your Roku streaming player.
Steps to install Spectrum channel on Roku
Follow the following steps to add the Spectrum TV channel to Roku-
- Firstly, ensure that your Roku account is activated and your Roku TV is connected to the internet.
- Use your Roku remote to visit the Roku store.
- Now search for Spectrum TV in the Roku channel store and continue to install it.
- Using Arrow and OK buttons on your Roku remote, sign in with the virtual keyboard on the screen.
- Press ‘I Agree to accept the license agreement.
- You will be automatically signed in the next time you open the Spectrum TV App.
How to activate Spectrum TV on Roku
You must sign up for a Spectrum account before using the Spectrum app on your Roku device, which requires you to have a valid Spectrum TV membership. The Spectrum app will install on your Roku player after downloading. Then, log in to your Spectrum TV account, and stream through your favorite content.
Follow these easy steps to activate your Spectrum TV:
- Click open the Spectrum TV app on your Roku device.
- A window will pop up, where you can use the on-screen keyboard to input your Spectrum Account username and password.
- If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is Spectrum, the app will sign you in without further action from you. When signing up for most other ISPs, you’ll only need to enter your user credentials once.
- As the last step, please choose the Accept option to agree to the License Agreement.
- You’ve successfully activated Spectrum TV on your Roku device.
Steps to set the Spectrum app on your Roku home screen
Once you have installed Spectrum TV App on your Roku device, adding it to your Roku home screen is advisable to make navigation easy. Follow the steps mentioned below-
- Click the home button and scroll down to the Spectrum TV App; ensure that you do not click on it; otherwise, it will open.
- Once selected, press the * button on the Roku remote to open the options window.
- Once the Options window is open, select the ‘move channel’ option. Arrows will appear around the Spectrum App, indicating the direction in which the app can be moved.
- Using the navigation arrow, move the app where you want it.
- Press the OK button on the Roku remote to lock the position of the App.
- You have successfully moved the Spectrum TV App to the Roku Home screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you need to pay subscription fees to use the Spectrum TV app?
The Spectrum TV App is free for download on Roku devices. However, one needs to have a subscription to Spectrum TV or cable to access the app and its features.
2. Is it worth using Spectrum TV App on Roku?
Spectrum TV offers a wide range of life and on-demand content. However, one needs a subscription to Spectrum TV to access the content. But these channels are no different than the content available on Roku Channel Store. So if you already have Roku Channel, you may not want to invest in Spectrum TV App. It may be beneficial to invest in Spectrum TV if you only have a smart TV.
3. Do I still need a Spectrum cable box if I own a Roku device?
No, one can easily replace a Spectrum cable box with a Roku streaming device. Once you have a Roku streaming device, make sure that it is connected to the internet and that you have a subscription to Spectrum TV App or cable. You do not need a Spectrum cable box if you have a compatible Roku device.
The Spectrum TV App is best compatible with all third-generation Roku streaming devices. It may not work efficiently with some second-generation Roku devices. To enrich your streaming experience, checking Roku device compatibility with Spectrum TV App before buying or using it is best suggested.
Once you have a compatible Roku device, it is very easy to download and install the Spectrum TV App on Roku. If you follow all the steps mentioned above, installing the Spectrum TV App on Roku will be a cakewalk. Once the App is installed, all one needs to do is log in to the Spectrum TV App and enjoy the live content. Suppose you still face any problems concerning installing the Spectrum TV App on your Roku streaming device.
In that case, you can always contact customer support either at Roku or Spectrum TV. Hopefully, this article will solve all your queries related to Spectrum TV App on Roku.