After a certain time, we all stop using VPN services and want to cancel such subscriptions. While the NordVPN services were excellent, I was getting the same subscription for much cheaper using a deal, and thus I also requested a refund on the 23rd day. I wanted to cancel the NordVPN Subscription but found it very tricky. You are reading this because you faced the same problem canceling. Read the full article and follow the simple steps to help cancel the NordVPN subscription easily.
Reasons behind canceling NordVPN subscription
While there could be multiple reasons for you to cancel the subscription, you can use the following reasons to give to the customer service agent or chat:
- You no longer need the VPN Services
- you are getting a better deal ( to which they will try to negotiate and retain you by offering lower-costing subscriptions)
- You found a better VPN Service.
- It no longer serves you the purpose of having a NordVPN subscription.
There are different reasons for canceling a service or subscription. If you have fed up with the high-cost packages of Mediacom Internet, don’t forget to check out our guide on how to cancel Mediacom Internet.
How to cancel NordVPN on a PC?
If you are not happy with the services NordVPN provides, you can instantly cancel it by following the steps on your PC:
- Sign in to the official website of NordVPN with your personal details.
- Go to the accounts setting and select the three dots next to the change plan button.
- Select the ‘Cancel Automatic payments’ option. Once you do this, a window will pop up live chat, asking you if you are sure you want to cancel the automatic payments.
- Once you have opted for cancelation, it will stop the future automatic payment. You still will be able to use the subscription until the next billing cycle.
Cancel NordVPN on iPhone
- Open your Settings App and click on the Subscription button.
- Find the NordVPN subscription and select Cancel Subscription.
- You can also cancel the subscription through your Mac. All you have to do is open the App Store and sign in. Go the Subscriptions and click on Manage. Find the NordVPN plan and click on the Edit button. Select the cancel subscription option, and viola.
Cancel NordVPN on Android
- Launch your Google Play Store on your phone or computer.
- Find the option ‘ My subscriptions’ in the menu on the left-hand side and then click on manage subscription.
- Click on Cancel Subscription for NordVPN.
- You will still have access to the subscription until the next payment date.
How to Request a Refund from NordVPN?
Canceling your subscription doesn’t mean you can assume that your refund is coming to you. You will have to request it on the live chat or by email. Since the live chat option was quicker and more convenient, I used that to avail my refund.
You should cancel the subscription well before the 30th-day mark to avail of the refund. 30 days are enough to gauge whether a service suits you, and thus you should cancel the subscription before that.
Here are the steps to avail of the refund:
- Select the chat icon and click on the speech icon on the right corner of the website. You will find an FAQ section that pops up.
- Punch in your name and information to start the chat, and fill in the brief description of your request.
- Once you click on the start chat button, you must wait for a customer care executive to be assigned to you. When you express your desire to cancel the subscription, they will try to retain you, obviously, but you can politely say no.
- Once you have convinced them that you want to cancel the subscription and want a refund, you have to sit back and relax. The refund will be initiated to the same source you used for making the payment, for example, PayPal, credit card, etc.
If you are an AT&T Internet service user and want to cut your cords, then it may be really time-consuming and tricky process. But worry not for your ease; we have prepared a detailed guide on canceling AT&T Internet. Don’t forget to check it out.
1. How to contact NordVPN support?
To contact NordVPN Support, you must visit their website and find a button with a dialogue box and question mark. The button is placed in the right lower corner. This button will open a box via which you can choose your grievance and be directed to the customer support system.
2. What are the best alternatives to NordVPN?
You can use an alternative to NordVPN like ExpressVPN, TunnelBear, Surfshark, Wrap Up, etc. these alternatives have excellent services, affordable pricing, and extra security that help you have a seamless and safe browsing experience.
3. After cancelation, can I be eligible to subscribe to NordVPN again?
Yes, you can purchase a NordVPN subscription whenever you want, even after you cancel it. There is no bar on restarting the subscription after canceling it. However, you will not be eligible for refunds if the subscription has been canceled multiple times.
4. Can you cancel NordVPN after the free trial?
Yes, NordVPN provides a flexible cancelation policy. You can cancel your subscription any time you want to. However, ensure it is within 30 days, so you are not billed for it.
5. Can I cancel NordVPN after 30 days?
You can cancel NordVPN anytime you want to. However, after the 30-day mark, you will be charged fully for the subscription. You can cancel it anytime. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned in the article to cancel the subscription.
6. How do I remove my credit card from NordVPN?
The best way to remove your credit card information submitted on NordVPN is by going on the live chat option and requesting the same from there. Since it doesn’t provide an option for removing the card details, you can only replace it unless you request deletion of the same.
While NordVPN was very useful for me, I wanted to shift to a cheaper version. NordVPN is an excellent VPN provider which comes in handy when you want to surf the web safely. I used it for a couple of months until I found a cheaper version. Canceling subscriptions is not tough but can be tricky when it comes to VPN providers. You can return to the VPN whenever you feel that you need to again after canceling your NordVPN Subscription.